Thursday, July 7, 2011

Decision Time Approaches

I'm writing this late morning on Thursday local time.  We have been discussing leaving tomorrow instead of the originally planned Saturday.  After looking at what we needed and wanted to accomplish in Rome, we figured everything could be done by today.  Still, (warning: obvious statement approaching) Rome is very large and there is always plenty to see and do.

Yesterday, we fought crowds at the Vatican and saw two of the most important objects to Emily, the Sistine Chapel and the Pieta in St. Peter's.  It was quite the adventure.  We didn't take any pictures as again, our fellow tourists disgusted us out doing so.  We then went out for an incredible dinner in Testaccio before watching the US Women disappoint against Sweden.  We're feeling pretty good, but a little bit lazy today.  I think we're both out of clothes and eager to be home.  Today, we'll visit more of the ancient side of Rome at the Capitoline Museum before heading back to the Renaissance at the Farnesina.  More gelato will be a must and I think we may attempt dinner in the Jewish quarter.  After that, we'll have one last look at the numbers of seats left on the flights back home and make a decision.  I think right now, the numbers are pushing us back to Saturday.

I'll make sure to update the blog for all of those interested.  The end is nearing and I feel it is the right time.

I was going to post some pics, but my computer is not cooperating.  My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment