Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Pictures As Promised


Today, we have a down day - relaxing with the grandparents near Hartford, Ct.  I've been trying feverishly to set up my grandfather's new computer and wireless printer.  I finally got some help from a fine HP technician in New Delhi.  While I've been working on that, Emily has been watching a little soccer (about to go to Penalites).  She's not feeling 100% but has been a trooper.  We're looking forward to going to see some world class roses this afternoon at Elizabeth Park, but probably not too much in the way of food.  We'll have more pictures of that later.

Anyhow, if I can figure out how, I'm going to put up a bunch of pictures with lots of comments.  Enjoy!





Above are a series of pictures from Pat's Steaks and Geno's Steaks in Philadelphia.  It was a fantastic experience with on of my best friends, Paul (a fabulous writer for the Delaware County Times - look it up).  He took us in and advised on types of sandwiches and ordering methods - highly crucial.  At Geno's we got the classic Wiz, yes cheese whiz, with no onions or peppers.  I have to say - the wiz is pretty good in this context.  At Pat's, I frantically ordered a Provo-Wit (provolone with onions).  If you don't order immediately, they send you to the end of the line.  Paul was good enough to coach me up so that I didn't make any mistakes.  I had a preference, and it wasn't the way I had expected it to go.  The whole experience was great and worth doing at least twice, so we'll be back.

Okay - lunch time, more pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment