Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quick Update and Agenda

Emily seems to be feeling much better.  We spent the day relaxing, caught up on some soccer and spent some very nice time with my grandparents.  Tomorrow, we're really looking forward to what was originally supposed to be the busiest day of the trip.  New York City may end up taking that honor; we'll see.  The plan is to meet up with Emily's friend, Emily (yes, also Emily - 1 of 2 scheduled to appear on this trip), go to New Haven for the pizza of my dreams, then on to Rhode Island, and finally up to Boston.  We're looking forward to every part but especially seeing Emily.

I'm really nervous that the pizza in New Haven will not live up to my memories and the hype of I've been giving it for the last 5 years.  I have to admit, aside from family and friends, it was a huge part of the reason for the trip at all.  We'll report back how it goes.

To keep you satisfied in the mean time and because I may not have any live posts for tomorrow, here are some great pictures from the Elizabeth Park rose garden we briefly visited today.

I love this picture of Emily out among all of the roses!

I should probably leave the artsy picture to others, but this was a pretty rose.  There were 1000s of them at the gardens.

My grandparents came, too. They found a nice bench to admire the roses from a distance.  Grandma came into the gardens for a bit.  I promise we didn't leave them there for too long - probably not long enough for their taste.

Emily under the arch of climbing roses.  These just kept on going.

I tried to get the scale of the rose gardens - I failed.  So many roses!

These were called Julia Child roses.  Emily is postulating that they're called that because they look like butter. They were very pretty  - but not nearly as good as making chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment